The following workflow describes how to move the Cinegy Archive database to the new MS SQL Server using the SQL Server Management Studio:
- Make a backup of your database on the old server. Save the backup file.
- Copy the backup file to the destination server.
- Restore the database by means of the SQL Server Management Studio, using the Restore Database wizard.
After restoring the database:
- Ensure that the media file location paths are available (Cinegy Enterprise Manager -> File types and locations -> the "Network shares" section).
- Make sure the user rights settings are preserved (Cinegy Enterprise Manager -> Permissions and security -> the "Groups, users and assigned roles" tab). To renew the user roles assignment, remove the existing user role assigned and add it again (select the user group and press "Delete"; then press "Add" and select the corresponding user role checkbox on the "Roles" panel located on the right).